Friday, November 4, 2011

Characters: Teivel

Though technically Teivel is not my first original character she was the first I started to post on Deviantart. I made her originally to just wear random outfits I desgined...but then I decided to make her a fool on character.
So this is an inspiration sheet I found on Deviantart. So all the images of characters on the right are ones who probably had some help with her creation. Teivel is just a character who shows all my anime-esque inspiration. 
This is the first image I did of Teivel. She didn't have a name or personality during this time. Not to mention this was the first time I'd use any type of computer art software/tablet. So that is why it looks so horrible.
This was me experimenting with the ink tool on photoshop, I also tried some different things with her eyes and face. The outfit she is wearing is not of my creation, it's from the manga Kuroshitsuji. Once again FAILURE.

I tried to go back to hand shading as oppose to vectoring and I've learned that I simply suck major balls at it. I like this dress very much, but it needs to be less skanky....once again FAILURE

 This was a pairing/crossover but since this is a post for Teivel I cut the pairing part out. Not because I was afraid I'd be judged or anything...no not at all. The lineart was done by hand....still kind of fail...mostly because of that...
 This was a character sheet I made for Teivel. I failed miserably at it

 I kept trying to do all the shading by hand as oppose to vectoring...but it's different from drawing on paper...somehow....but the eyes are nice in this one.

 I finally accepted vectoring lol. This was done for a contest held by a friend of mine. I got second place...though only three people entered XD. The image had to be based off a song (a country one eugh) and I chose Hurt by Johnny Cash (badass cover). The image came out so emo though...which makes it totes lame...

 This image is actually not done yet and I have no idea it it even will be. I wanted to draw Teivel in a kimono because Japan (Meiji Era....hint hint) is one of the areas she is placed in for a while. I randomly added a pointless background...but I like how she turned out.


booobbbsss....lol anyway this one I tried a lot of things different in style as well as photoshop techniques. Although I used most of it incorrectly I ended up learning a lot from doing this piece. The background was from me practicing some kind of wallpaper tutorial....it has no real purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment